I have seen some excellent work on your blogs so far, but there is always room for improvement, particularly when you are developing new practices.
Here are a few additional bits of advice, based on what I have seen so far.
- Don't copy up (or worse - copy & paste) your notes verbatim on to your blog. There is no point to this. Instead, do one or a combination of the following:
- Summarise what you have learned in to short, precise, manageable chunks;
- Use key terms but also write in your own voice;
- Apply what you have learned to new examples to check/demonstrate your understanding;
- Make links between work with Mr. Ford and I (This is really important as it will help you to develop a more cogent understanding of the key concepts);
- Reflect on what, how and why you learned something? How has it helped you to better understand a particular concept or idea?
- Don't write everything up. If you are set an essay, there is no need to write your notes up. Instead, complete the essay and publish it on your blog.
- With regards to homework... please publish it on your blog. While we will discuss it in class, it allows us to assess your progress individually.
- You need to log into your blog regularly to check for comments. If Mr Ford or I comment and ask you to do something, then please do it. Do not view this as extra work! This is us, doing our job, helping you to improve your skills and understanding.
If you have any further questions about your blog, please come and talk to me or send me a tweet.