G324: Advanced Portfolio in Media (Evaluation)
Your evaluation requires you to respond to the following questions:
- In what ways does your media product use, develop or challenge forms and conventions of real media products?
- How effective is the combination of your main and ancillary texts?
- What have you learned from your audience feedback?
- How did you use new media technologies in the construction and research, planning and evaluation stages?
This is to be presented electronically in one of the following forms:
- a presentation using slideshow software such as PowerPoint
- a blog or website
- a podcast
- a DVD with 'extras'
You may have noticed that there are less questions compared with your AS evaluation. However, the expected response to each of these questions should demonstrate a far more technical and detailed approach.
G325: Critical Perspectives in Media (1a / 1b)
Moreover, this is not your only chance to evaluate your coursework. You will also have a synoptic evaluation of your coursework in your final exam. This will be in essay format responding to two questions. You should spend 30 minutes on each one.
1a - You will be required to describe and evaluate your technical skills over the course of your production work, from Foundation Portfolio to Advanced Portfolio. The focus is for you to reflect on and evaluate the way your skills have developed. You will be required to adapt your response to two of the following production practices:
- Digital Technology
- Research and Planning
- Using conventions from real media texts
1b - You will be required to select one production and evaluate it in relation to a media concept. The list of concepts are as follows:
- Media Language
Media Language - Huge Resource