Below are the questions you need to complete for Tuesday's lesson, based on your viewing of The Breakfast Club:
1. How do the characters deviate from their normal roles during the detention session?
2. What is the status of each character prior to the detention session? How does this change during their detention session?
3. Who exhibits power, and how is it conveyed in the movie?
4. What factors contribute to the group's cohesiveness?
5. Discuss the role that stereotyping plays in this movie.
Extension: Consider what you learned about audience theories and how you might apply those apposing ideas to this film. For example how might an analysis of the film based on 'Reception Theory' differ from a 'Structuralist' analysis?